Blue Braid meets every third Tuesday at 6:30 pm. Location information will be sent to members through a secure email listserv. Please let Elizabeth know if you want to host or facilitate any of these nights.
2018 Schedule, Topics and (Light) Readings
January 16: Jewish Activism from Civil Rights to the Women’s March
- We take pride in Jewish leadership in the Civil Rights era, but what are we missing from this rosy history?
- How can 21st century citizens best use our knowledge of the Civil Rights Movement?
- What are the best modes of activism now?
- Is any type of activism specifically Jewish?
- How can we draw on Jewish/feminist principles when trying to effect meaningful change?
February 20: Dating Men and Raising Boys in the #MeToo Era
March 20: Jewish Food and Feminism, Pesach Edition
April 17: Jewish Feminism and #metoo
Lili Loofborrow’s take on the Fifty Shades franchise and Christian gender norms brings up really compelling ideas about consent in a patriarchal society.
May 15: Jewish Girlhood
June 19: Jewish Connections to the Land
July 17: Jewish Coming of Age
August 21: High Holidays
September 18: Canceled for Kol Nidre
October 16: Using Jewish Values in Political Campaigns, starring RTD board candidate JoyAnn Ruscha!
November 20: TBD–Thanksgiving week
December: Holiday Party TBD